Saturday, May 2, 2015

Sneak Peak of my Patio

New house means new stuff! Our tiny backyard in our old house is the reason we sold it so we were looking for something with a little more breathing room. We found that and then some!


This backyard is what sold us. A bonus has been all the wildlife of the Austin Hill Country.
 Owls, foxes, jackrabbits, herons, egrets, the sounds of cattle mooing from a nearby ranch, oh and freaking scorpions & rattlesnakes!

I've been working on getting our patio ready for the outdoor season. Which, in Texas, is a good portion of the year.


I found these awesome benches at Round Top and their depth, at 18", makes them super comfortable.

I'm mulling over having cushions made for the benches or just collecting pillows to toss on them for a more casual look.


I'm also thinking I need this Turkish towel from Etsy as a table runner to soften the space and layer in a little color.

And then there's more candles, placemats, napkins, dinnerware, glasses, etc, etc, etc.....

And with constant emails from Terrain and OKL, the shopping list seems to be growing!

Have a fabulous Derby weekend! 
~Charlotte








6 comments:

  1. Charlotte I adore the way you are designing you perfect patio and the views are wonderful!!
    Have a great Sunday and I hope you will enter my Giveaway!!!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena
    Giveaway from The Enchanted Home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found you via Elements of Style. Love, love, love your patio. I dream of a backyard and view like yours. (hard to come by in my neck of the woods). Looking forward to following along and seeing what you do with those awesome benches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Erin! Now that I've got the big pieces, here comes the fun part:)

      Delete
  3. Love the idea of that turkish towel as a runner! Beautiful view too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Turkish towels are awesome, aren't they? I can think of a dozen places for them but I need to temper myself from going overboard!

      Delete