Tuesday, May 12, 2015

My Front Porch

Now that Spring is in full swing, I'm getting around to sprucing up our Front porch. When we moved in, all of my pots (about 10 of them!) got placed in clusters on the front porch. It looked cluttered and lacked a focal point. I wish I took a before pic, but it was not pretty. Out they went!

I love oversized statement planter pots on either side of the front door to create a real Entry that draws you in. I purchased these tall cylindrical pots that coordinate with the stained concrete and have a pair of Yucca Cane plants in them. 


 I love the scale of them with our front door and sidelites, but here comes the "Design Domino Effect!" Look at my little baby sconces. Aren't they cute! 


Sorry tiny baby sconces, you must go! I so wish we had gas lines to those lights. If we did, there would be a bit of this business happening here.



Here are some other fabulous Front Entries with symmetrical planters.

Luxe Magazine 

Kathryn Ireland

Dot Dimiero & Dana Aichler


Palm Design Group




Kelly Harmon

Barbara Chambers. Photo: John Merkl


Home in Houston. Original Source unknown.

Anne Decker Architects


Luxe Magazine



1 comment: