Monday, February 9, 2015

Illuminate! Picture Lights




One of my favorite details in a room is the use of picture lights to highlight art or bookcases.
 Brass picture lighting has deep roots in traditional design but used in finishes like polished nickel or black, it transcends to many different styles. 



I love everything about this living room. It's beautifully edited, modern and warm.























Love unlaquered brass when it's paired with dark moody colors like these 
deep blue bookcases above.




Brass and black is always right.








Houston designer, J. Randall Powers uses a polished nickel version in his own living room above. 


Below, he uses it in traditional brass in this sitting room. 







I absolutely love it in the bathroom too. 
A great alternative to the traditional bathroom bar lights that we see all the time.









I'm considering using picture lighting in my own Powder bath above the vanity and to highlight a collection of framed drawings. I'll post a pic when it's complete!


If you'd like help creating a home you will absolutely love, contact us for design services!





No comments:

Post a Comment