Friday, February 27, 2015

Chignons and Red Lips

For years, I've piled my hair on top of my head out of sheer laziness. Blowdrying my long, thick, frizzy hair, quite frankly, sucks. More often than not, I say heck with it & all the heat protectors, straightening and moroccan oil, and just twirl it all up on my head.

As I near my thirty-ninth (that's a long word to type) birthday, I've realized that I actually like how it looks. Maybe I've just done it for so long that it feels like "me."
Call it a chignon and now it's "effortless chic!" Lately I've been pairing it with a bright lip with just a swipe of mascara.

As I near 4-0 and am now noticing a bevy of loooong grey hair amongst my dark brown locks, I've starting pondering how "gracefully" I want to grow old. Do I start dyeing my hair? highlights to  camoflouge my Christmas tinsel hair? Botox? Fillers?

I can't tell you how refreshing and inspiring this lady is.  She has given me a new outlook on things. Such a chic, elegant lady who is showing the world how to do it.
I particularly love how she flippin' ROCKS a bright red lip, often paired with a chignon.
I want to be her when I grow up! Just kidding. I want to be the best version of my self that I can be;)


Linda Rodin.  If you're not following her on Instagram, you must! @lindaandwinks

None of these images are me. But I like to pretend this is how I look. Ha!










Bright lips can be tricky. I like that this color chart gives some good options as a starting point to pick your shade.







Happy Friday Friends!
Charlotte


Follow along on Instagram and Pinterest!






No comments:

Post a Comment