Monday, June 8, 2015

Loving: Wall Mounted Plate Racks

I've been trying to find a wall in every home we've lived in to have a wall mounted plate rack to display silver and pewter serving trays along with a beautiful plate collection. I haven't had the perfect spot yet, but I always keep it in mind when I think about "tweaking" our kitchen layout.

They're fabulous because they take merely inches in depth if you have any clearance issues. 
They also add instant charm and become a focal point of your kitchen, butlers pantry or dining room.

Plate racks can be traditional, country cottage, old world European or more modern in style. I love them all, but here are some of my favorites!

Skogaholm Manor, Sweden


Sarah Gray Millers Home via Country Living

Louise Brooks New Canaan home via Traditional Home

David Michael Miller Associates

Martha Stewart

Via Belgian Pearls

Theresa Smith, Time Worn Antiques

Vibeke Design

Swedish Kitchen


House and Home

Windsor Smith

Windsor Smith

Lynn Morgan Design




Keep up with Simply Love Design on Instagram!


2 comments:

  1. I will always love a classic cleanlined plate rack! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking for a full wall plate rack for years. These are impossible to find. Or am I looking in the wrong place? Years ago, Weirs Furniture in Dallas had one. No more. Would it be best to look to custom shelving or kitchen cabinet supply? Please advise.

    ReplyDelete